You are an incredible spirit of divine perfection, the same composition as God. Creator is an ocean and you are a drop of water in that ocean. You carry within you the exact components and properties of the entire ocean. You are made of God, in the reflection of God, and God is in you.
This does not mean that you are God (as a drop of water is not the ocean) or that God takes on a human form as a woman or man (as the ocean is not a drop of water). It means that your spirit, which is housed in your body, is part of a giant whole we refer to as Great Spirit. God has many names: Great Spirit, All That Is, Mother/Father, Great Mystery, Allah, and Lord. All are interchangeable. In fact, everything is made up of the same energy. All things-every tree, rock, grain of sand, gust of wind, drop of water, animal, insect, bird, planet, star-are expressions of the divine, and we are all interconnected in a divine and profound way.
The universe is unlimited, and, if you choose to explore it, you will awaken to a whole new way of knowing-a whole new way of being. Spirit is available to all people at equal levels; there is no â€œbetter than,â€ or â€œmore deserving.â€ The choice to raise your consciousness means to broaden your awareness, open up to new possibilities, step out of your comfort zone, and allow information other than what you already â€œknow.â€
The following basic truths are unifying principles I have learned in my work with the spirits. They present concepts about healing and working with energy. Throughout this book I cite case histories and suggest how you might apply them to your own life to enhance your process of healing and well-being. I guarantee that if you make them a part of your daily life, your life will change accordingly.
Anyone, at any time, can make choices for happiness and for healing. This includes you. Read the following truths and begin to ask how they might affect your life.
1. God loves and values you unconditionally.
2. You are first and foremost a spirit-a soul having an earth experience. This earth-walk is but one fraction of your being.
3. Your spirit has a divine purpose.
4. You agreed to forget previous existence. This makes becoming enlightened a quality of remembering who you are. Remembering is embracing this reality and then making the necessary changes in your life to reflect this truth. Respect, honor, compassion, and reverence for all life are necessary components for the path to awareness.
5. You are here on earth to experience, to co-create with Creator, and to remember. If you do nothing more from this point on in your personal growth, you will achieve two out of the three before you die. You will experience and you will co-create. You cannot help it. It is happening every second of every day. It will, however, take a conscious decision to remember. It is a conscious decision to awaken, to grow spiritually, to become.